Volunteer: Community Coordinator
We are looking for a Community Coordinator with an interest in design to support our team and to help maintain and grow our community.
This is a varied role where you will be the first point of contact for our members. As Community Coordinator you will assist in project development, coordination, and facilitation of group discussions or workshops, networking and some administrative tasks. You will be supported by a small international team who possess backgrounds in architecture, design, research and communications. The minimum time commitment is one month with an average of 40 hours per week.
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our community members, volunteers and staff. As someone who will be in contact with vulnerable persons you will be required to submit a background check from your current country of residence.
- outreach work: promoting workshops/ events to individuals and organizations
- acting as a point of contact for community members
- provide support for workshops/ events
- general administrative tasks
Dependent on your skills and current community needs and interests, you will have the opportunity to:
- provide one-on-one mentoring to community members undertaking creative projects
- develop and facilitate workshops
- assist with research initiatives
- Completed 2 years university level coursework or similar OR have equivalent work experience
- confident English speaker
- flexible and empathetic outlook
- relevant experience in communications, community organizing, office management OR relevant experience in a design discipline with an interest in a community coordination role.
- comfortable working both independently and in a group
Lesvos based individuals and those with Greek fluency are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Fill out the form linked below. Please be descriptive in your responses. Once submitted, a member of the ODD team will be in touch with you.