Run a Workshop
Guest Facilitator Application
Guest Facilitators lend their design expertise to those eager to gain or practice design skills. Workshops are like intensive design studio courses; taking participants through a series of activities to produce a piece of work which can start or add to a portfolio. We welcome applications from both teams and individuals in the following fields:
- architecture + planning
- graphic design
- media (film/ photography/ audio)
- industrial + furniture design
- Completed 4 years university level coursework or similar OR have equivalent work experience
- Have relevant experience in the skills your workshop will address
- Have an empathetic outlook and you are reliable
Before submitting keep the following in mind:
- All workshops must use design to explore the built environment, protection, or cultural understanding.
- Workshops can not directly engage participants in income generation. Ex: producing items for the sole purpose of selling them.
- Workshops should include a mix of theory, concept development, and technical/ practical activities- laying the groundwork for participants to complete specific outputs.
- Workshops should be devised in a way that participants with varied backgrounds and skill levels feel engaged.
- Workshops are conducted in simple English.
- To the extent that it is possible, workshops should take advantage of readily accessible materials, equipment, and software.
ODD has small inventory of technology and supplies available. If your workshop requires specialty items or large quantities of common items you will need to provide them.
ODD has a limited budget for workshops that is applied towards the costs of advertising and promoting the workshop, providing transportation assistance to participants, providing refreshments, and costs related to the use of the space. Please keep in mind:
- You are responsible for securing funding for your travel, accommodation, and board.
- You are responsible for securing funding for or acquiring the materials, supplies and equipment necessary for the workshop.