We are looking for a local Volunteer Community Organizer with an interest in design to support our small team of designers who have varying skills and interests, and to help grow our community.
This is a varied role including facilitating group discussions, networking and some administrative tasks. You will need to have a flexible and empathetic outlook, and you must be reliable and able to commit to a minimum of three months (visiting our designers a minimum of 3x per week). Experience in participatory processes and knowledge of a foreign language in addition to English (such as Arabic, Farsi, French, or Spanish) is advantageous. Minimum age requirement is 25 years. Priority will be given to Greek nationals.
This role provides the opportunity to engage in a variety of design projects led by amazing people who have found themselves in unexpected and difficult circumstances. You will be supported by a small international team who will also provide you with opportunities for training, and some compensation for expenses (to be discussed).
To apply, please send us a short email addressing the questions below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who are you? (Name, age, nationality)
- Why are you interested in volunteering with ODD?
- Please describe your previous experience in community organizing/ participatory processes or similar work experience. Be sure to outline any experience working with vulnerable cases.
- What is your interest in or previous experience with design/ creative fields? (If you do not have experience, you may still be considered)
- Please tell us about any other skills or experiences you think are relevant to the role.
- What are your other current commitments? How will you ensure that you are able to visit our designers regularly and fulfil a three-month posting?