Built Works Volunteer
We are looking for a skilled built works volunteer to join our team and support a variety of projects. This is a varied role involving design, fabrication, light construction, and the facilitation of workshops.
You will be part of a small international team with backgrounds in architecture + design, design education, and research. The minimum commitment is one month with an average of 35 hours per week.
- Completed 2 years university level coursework OR have equivalent work experience
- You must have experience in fabrication and construction including:
- preparing and reading technical drawings
- site work (including leveling, drainage, landscaping)
- Concrete casting and form preparation
- Light wood construction
- Knowledge of safe operation, storage and repair of fabrication/ construction tools, materials, and equipment
- Previous experience communicating your skills and guiding others through the fabrication/ construction process.
- You must be a confident English speaker
- You will need to have an empathetic outlook and you must be reliable
Persons already residing on Lesvos are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Fill out the form linked here. Once submitted, a member of the ODD team will be in touch with you.